Almost half way through the month already! It’s crazy how fast time is moving for me right now. Anyone else feel like their life is on fast-forward?
Let’s review last week. I made a batch (9 1/2 half pint jars) of grape jelly finally after getting more jars to can, sold 4 dozen eggs and 7 jars of jam, had 2 days of sheer exhaustion which lead to a buildup of dishes and laundry (I napped instead!), we lost power for 10 hours during the day on Wednesday, and then there were 2 days of babysitting at the end of the week too. Oh, and don’t forget daylight savings which happened at 2am today. Seriously though, why do we need it?
I spent $17.99 at Walmart for this week and $33.24 at Aldi for a grand total of $51.23 spent on groceries for the week. But, because of the power outage on Wednesday last week, I had to spend $19.22 out of the grocery budget on pizza to feed everyone dinner at my mom’s house (she had power). As of today we have $124.88 left for the rest of the month (2-3 more shopping trips depending on sales and how I can stretch out using what we already have).
The baked sweet and sour chicken moved from last week to this week because it was one of the meals that just didn’t get made. Friday is St. Patrick’s Day and we are having a couple special treats that day.
Here’s the plan:
- Sunday: Baked sweet and sour chicken, rice, veggie
- Monday: Pork with Dijon sauce, egg noodles, veggie
- Tuesday: Beef tacos with fresh veggies
- Wednesday: Creamy chicken, rice, veggies
- Thursday: Leftovers -OR- grilled cheese and chips
- Friday: Oven roasted smoked sausage and potatoes, green jello parfaits and green chocolate chip cookies
- Saturday: Chili with garlic cheddar biscuits
I’m starting to plan ahead and look at making some freezer meals for when this baby arrives (end of May-ish) so if you have any suggestions please comment with the recipe or link! Thanks so much!