Last week we had a couple changes in the menu, mainly due to pregnancy exhaustion. One night resulted in a frozen pizza for dinner and cereal for the other. So, tacos and the baked honey mustard chicken moved to this week’s plan. That’s one thing that I love about meal planning… If something doesn’t get made, you just shift it to next week.
So here is this week’s plan:
- Sunday: Hawaiian sandwiches, pasta salad, peaches
- Monday: Crockpot beef and noodles, veggies
- Tuesday: Chicken Helper (chicken fried rice), extra veggies, pineapple
- Wednesday: Tacos with fresh veggies, peaches and pears
- Thursday: Baked honey mustard chicken, egg noodles, veggie
- Friday: Pasta with meat sauce, veggies, garlic bread
- Saturday: Leftovers
I’ve quickly learned to LOVE going grocery shopping before 8am at Walmart. Why? Because I managed to catch all the marked down meat, bakery, and deli items. Just last week I spent $16 and walked out with:
- 1 extra large pepperoni pizza
- 1 extra large ultimate bacon pizza
- 3 loaves of French bread
- 3, 2 packs of take and bake demi baguettes
- 12 pack of mini muffins
- 3 pack of chocolate chunk cookies
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
Everything but the muffins and cookies went directly into the freezer. The muffins and cookies were treats that the boys picked out and they lasted for just 2 days. The pizzas will be a good backup for when “I just can’t cook tonight” happens again. The demi baguettes we love with pasta, and the chicken will be a crockpot meal. 2 of the French bread loaves are just plain and unseasoned, so I’ve been looking for ideas for them. One of which I’m going to look into is a French toast casserole.
Thankfully there is an easy meal tonight because we are spending a chunk of the day building a chicken run for the girls so they can get out of the coop.
Have a great week!