Sorry this is a little late going up! We have been very busy this past week with new jobs, dog sitting, and various appointments. Better late than never right??
Let start with a quick recap.
- What is a pantry challenge? It is when you plan your meals based off of what you already have, buying only dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables. I am doing a modified pantry challenge in that I am allowing myself to buy 1 additional ingredient per meal if I need it.
- Total spent during the first 4 weeks: $94.24. I know that in last week’s post I sad a total of around $63, but I did go to the store on Tuesday last week for a few things. (milk, blueberries, strawberries, apples, mac & cheese (my 4 year old had a filling done that morning and he wanted mac and cheese for lunch), chocolate bars for s’mores, coffee, tortilla chips, sour cream, lettuce, cucumbers)
Here’s what’s on the plan this week:
- Sunday: BBQ chicken, au gratin potatoes, veggies
- Monday: Hamburger helper, veggies, bread and butter
- Tuesday: Spaghetti with chicken sausage
- Wednesday: Leftovers or Pizza
- Thursday: Tacos
- Friday: Beer battered fish, rice, veggies
- Saturday: Creamy chicken, egg noodles, veggies
What do I see myself needing at the store this week? Aside from the basics (milk, eggs, fruit, veggies) all I need is sour cream for the tacos. Everything else is already in the house. I may need a pack of lunchmeat and a couple things for my husband’s lunch, but that’s about it. I’m pretty confident I can keep the total for these next 4 weeks under $100 again easily. My goal is to come in under $75.
Who else is doing a pantry challenge?!