Lets be honest here…. This is a LOT harder than I thought it would be. Today is day 7 of no spending for me. I have had some good moments, and a couple not so good moments too.
- GOOD: I packed a drink from home on multiple occasions when I go run errands to keep from buying one while out.
- NEUTRAL: I ran out of canning jars. This has never happened. I bought some on sale at TSC and then hit the mother load of canning jars at a yard sale the next day.
- GOOD: the kids all got a happy meal at McDonald’s on Saturday… And I didn’t pay a thing. I used the three “get a free happy meal of your choice” coupons that were mailed to us because a few months ago they rally screwed up our drive thru order.
- BAD: ^^on that same trip my husband wanted sweet tea and I got it for him.
- BAD: I got away from the house to run errands the other day by myself and indulged in some Taco Bell. It was soooo good, but so bad at the same time.
- NEUTRAL: our little mini food processor broke and I needed one so get some canning done. I purchased a Kenmore food processor at Walmart for $60. But…. I had $46 to use on a gift card from their price catcher app so I got it for a lot less!
- GOOD: I didn’t order Halloween themed movies from the Disney Movie Club even though I really wanted them for the kids.
- GOOD: I’m trying to use up some random things in the freezers to educate our grocery spending this month and so far I’m doing pretty good.
Overall I think I’m doing pretty well, aside from the fast food slip ups. It is a hard thing for me to cut out completely because it is so convenient when you are out running around.
Is anyone else doing this this month? How’s it going for you?