I belong to a canning group on Facebook where members are always sharing pictures and recipes for the goodies they are canning in their kitchens. A couple weeks ago someone posted a photo and recipe for a peach vanilla sauce. It is very similar to the strawberry and blueberry sauces I have previously made, but with peaches and added vanilla. So, today I gave it a go.
- 5 cups peeled and chopped peaches (I used a food processor)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine peaches, sugar, and lemon juice in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fill prepared pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace, wipe rims, and screw on lids and rings to fingertip tightness.
- Process pint jars in a water bath for 20 minutes.
- Remove jars and place on the counter, leaving undisturbed for 24 hours.
I ended up with 3 pints and a 1/2 pint jar of sauce, though the recipe states you will get 4 pints out of it. The half pint didn’t seal so we used it to top French toast for dinner. The picture below shows how much was left from the half pint that didn’t seal. I think it’s safe to say it’s a hit! This will be delicious warmed up and on top of ice cream!!