I figured this would be a good follow up for yesterday’s post that had the sugar cookie recipe itself. I’ve never tried to make a cookie icing that hardens. It just seemed too difficult and scary. Since I had such great success with the cookies, I decided to try out the icing.
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and the reviews convinced me that this was the one to try. I had to triple the recipe to have enough for all the cookies we made yesterday. I added a little extra milk until the consistency seemed right. I wanted to be able to dip the cookies face down and have the extra run off.
The kids had fun decorating the cookies. I did not have fun cleaning up the mess, but watching them did make it worth it!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar and milk until desired consistency
- Add vanilla and corn syrup, mix
- Dip cookies, decorate, let harden.
The icing tastes really good! I may or may not have had to lick my fingers while decorating….